Delivering Special Provision Locally
What is Delivering Special Provision Locally* (DSPL)?
DSPL is a Hertfordshire-wide partnership approach where parents, carers, staff in early years settings and schools, further education colleges, local authority officers and representatives from other agencies, work together as part of an Area Group, to ensure that there are a range of provision and support services available in their local community that:
- Meets the needs of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), aged 0-25, as close to home as possible.
- Improves outcomes for wellbeing and attainment
- Widens choice for children and parents/carers
- Removes barriers to learning
- Uses resources more effectively
There are nine DSPL Area Groups across the county that meet regularly to discuss what services are available and to influence how services are shaped and developed to ensure the children and young people with SEND in their area receive the right support in their educational activities.
For more information you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the background to DSPL and for further documentation and information please visit www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/dspl
*originally Developing Special Provision Locally. Area Groups are now focusing on Delivering Special Provision Locally to achieve quality outcomes.
Contact details for DSPL managers / leads
Who to contact
- 0300 123 4040
Where to go
- SG1 2FQ
- Get directions