The Children's Trust
Open 24/7 all year round
We are the UK’s leading charity for children with brain injury. Our national specialist centre is in Tadworth, Surrey, where we provide rehabilitation to children with acquired brain injury and specialist medical/transitional care to children with complex health needs. We also run The Children’s Trust School, a non-maintained residential special school in Tadworth for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and complex health needs. Our other services include expert community-based support for children with acquired brain injury and online support for families via our Brain Injury Hub website.
Who to contact
Where to go
The Children's Trust
- KT20 5RU
- Get directions
- Referral required
· We run the UK's largest paediatric residential rehabilitation service for children with brain injury. Each child has an individual programme of therapy, education and care. It is funded by NHS England via National Specialist Commissioning or via CCGs.
· The Children’s Trust School is non-maintained for children aged 3 upwards with learning difficulties. We combine education, therapy, care and medical cover to cater for children with complex medical needs, degenerative conditions and sensory impairments.
· Our residential short breaks offer flexible and nurse-led care for children and young people between the ages of 0 to 18. We also offer holiday schemes and Saturday clubs for children from Surrey with complex needs.
· We provide a nurse-led service for children who are technology-dependent. This includes children: who have a complex tracheostomy; require artificial ventilation; fed via parenteral nutrition; need central line management/ intravenous medication.
· Our Brain Injury Community Team supports children and young people in challenges around cognition, communication / behaviour and gives them the best opportunity to succeed in school. The team works closely with the child’s family, school / local agencies.
- SEN Provision Type
- Emerging needs