SGFMSG - Stevenage Fibromyalgia / FM / ME / CFS Support Group
Every 2nd Wednesday evening 7 for 7.30-9.30pm & every last Tuesday afternoon 12 for 12.30-2.30pm of the month. Note: new afternoon time change! Call helplines to check.
Meeting times and venues:
- Every last Tuesday MORNING in the month from 12.30pm to 2.30pm and
- Every 2nd Wednesday EVENING in the month from 7.30pm to 9.30pm
- BOTH AT: The Poplars Community Centre, Magpie Crescent, The Poplars, Stevenage, SG2 9RZ.
- We also have drop in meetings every Wednesday from 1pm to 3.30pm at ENCORE COFFEE HOUSE - 1st Floor Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre, near the boxoffice for the Gordon Craig Theatre SG1 1LZ
- Meetings are casual friendly, open and all are welcome.
- Useful access directly from the main railway station - we have visitors from various surrounding areas -
Fibromyalgia and related illnesses, CFS / ME and any pain illnesses supported. We meet to support and share our ideas and promote positivity whilst raising awareness of many invisable pain illnesses!
Fundraising and social events organised throughout the year within the group. Come along and be part of a group where you can share ideas and information and give each other support, whilst raising awareness for fibromyalgia and other related illnesses.
Please contact us for further information on one of the Helplines: 0844 891 3720 or 0844 891 3721 - or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to contact
Where to go
- Poplars Community Centre (behind Sainsbury's Store)
- SG2 9RZ
- Get directions
Please ensure you make contact to establish whether meetings are ongoing as the volunteers who support this group often are ill themselves and cannot host the meetings.
Please contact one of the helplines 0844 891 3720 or 0844 891 3721 for more information. New helpline numbers wef 1.4.18
April 2018 : Always check with helplines if meetings are ongoing as meeting co-ordinators are sufferers of fibromyalgia themselves!
Please support our Easyfundraising online at: easyfundraising.com/causes/sgfmsg and raise funds for the group FREE
Email : email@example.com
When is it on?
- Date & Time Information
- Every 2nd Wednesday evening 7 for 7.30-9.30pm & every last Tuesday afternoon 12 for 12.30-2.30pm of the month. Note: new afternoon time change! Call helplines to check.
- Time of day
£2.50 Per session
- Cost details
- Visitors and non members pay £2.50 includes refreshment. FIRST TASTER VISIT IS FREE!!!! Paid up Members only contribute towards their refreshments at 50p/cup
- Referral required
- Referral and availability notes
We always welcome new visitors and their partners spouse sibling or friends too! We need able volunteers to assist with set up of chairs tables and equipment for meetings, all help is greatly appreciated.
Costs go towards travel expenses for the Guest Speakers and to the running of the group. Refreshment costs go back into supplying all meeting refreshments which often include healthy smoothie tasters, gluten/wheat free biscuits and snacks, fresh fruit/houmous and crudites etc., biscuits/cake etc.,
When we have guest speakers invited we ask £3 entry (includes refreshment) towards travel and leaflet printing etc.)
Since August 2016 the group also hosts a weekly Coffee Drop in on Wednesday from 1-3pm at Encore Coffee Shop in the Gordon Craig Theatre entrance, 1st Floor, Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre, SG1 1LZ in the town centre - note it is NOT at the group meeting venue!! All welcome - lovely selection of light meals coffee and refreshments reasonably priced.
NOTE: IT IS ALWAYS ADVISABLE TO CALL ONE OF THE HELPLINE NUMBERS TO CHECK THAT MEETINGS ARE ONGOING AS OFTEN OUR MEMBERS WHO RUN THE MEETINGS ARE NOT ABLE TO DO SO DUE TO THE NATURE OF FIBROMYALGIA/CFS/ME ETC.,
WE ENDEAVOUR TO PLACE A SIGN ON THE DOOR SHOULD A MEETING HAVE TO BE CANCELLED, SO ALWAYS BEST TO PHONE A DAY BEFORE.
IF YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT A MEETING AND IT IS NOT OPEN, PLEASE LET US KNOW VIA EMAIL, OR POST: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Stevenage Fibromyalgia Support Group, Poplars Community Centre, Magpie Crescent, The Poplars, Stevenage, SG2 9RZ.
We look forward to welcoming you.