How to register if you're a childcare provider
If you're a childcare provider and you've never signed in before you must register first.
1. Select Register in the menu bar
2. On the ‘Create your log in’ page, please provide:
- Your first name and surname.
- Your email address.
You'll have been pre-registered with the email address that Ofsted supplied us.
- Choose a password.
This must be at least 8 characters long and must include a number or symbol (!@#$%^*-_+=).
- Confirm your password.
3. Select Create Account.
Next you need to activate your account. Here's how:
4. Go to your email account. The email address that you registered with.
5. Look for an email from ‘Hertfordshire Directory’ with the subject: ‘Activate your account’.
6. Open this email and click the Activate your account link.
7. Once your account has been activated, you’ll receive another email with the subject: ‘Registration complete’.
If you can't see your childcare record when you sign in it might be because you've used a different email to the one we hold for you. Please contact us with your Ofsted number and the email you want to use.