Hertfordshire Independent Living Service (HILS)
Hertfordshire Independent Living Service (HILS) is a charitable, not-for-profit, social enterprise that delivers meals on wheels and caring support to disabled, elderly, or vulnerable adults throughout Hertfordshire.
The meals service runs 365 days a year, offering main meals and desserts, teas, and breakfast meals. All meals are delivered to individuals in their homes between 11.30am and 2.00pm, and to lunch clubs between 11.30am and 1.30pm 7 days a week.
Along with the meal, our Community Team Members also provide welfare checks which provide reassurance to families and carers as well as our clients. We also undertake a host of projects in partnership with other organisations designed to keep our clients safe and well.
Please visit our website for details on how our other services may have been affected.
You are eligible to receive our meals services if:
- you have difficulty preparing a meal safely
- you have a mental or physical disability
- your carer is unwell or on holiday
- you’ve just come out of the hospital or you’re recovering from an illness
- you’re unable to cook meals for yourself after someone dies.
There is no age limit.
- Hertfordshire Independent Living Service (HILS)
- Service Type:
- Primary Client Group:
- Cost description:
Prices (per meal)
- Hot meal and dessert: £5.25
- Tea Pack: £3.80
- Breakfast Pack: £3.15
All of our prices include delivery and a welfare check as standard.
- Free Service:
Opening Times and Facilities
- Venue Notes:
- Please note our Jubilee Centre is closed until further notice.
- Services for:
- Older people
- Supporting people with:
- Learning difficulty
- Visual impairment
- Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties
- Speech, language and communication
- Mental health conditions
- Deaf and / or Hard of hearing
- Downs syndrome
- Physical disability
- Cerebral palsy
- Referral required:
This page was last updated on 15 November 2022 and last reviewed on 28 June 2022